Cordaway – Prevent injury and possible fatal accidents with Blind Cords.

Cordaway provides the best blind cord safety device on the market. Follow this link to purchase. Unlike cleats, the Cordaway device is designed to be childproof. With a snap-on cover and ample room to wind the entire cord onto the backing plate Cordaway ensure that little hands cannot become entangled in or even touch the blind cords once stored. By law such devices must be 1.6m from the floor.

With simple cleats an older child may undo the cord without difficulty. Using Cordaway, the child would need to remove the snap-on cover and unwind the full length of the cord, a difficult task.

Here are the technical drawings for Cordaway

Blind cords still pose a real threat to vulnerable young lives. Read this article regarding a recent near tragedy in Utah.

Blind Terror

Mum’s chilling warning, after boy, 3, nearly chokes to death when blind cord wraps around his neck

Shaken mum Arika Hernandez, from Utah, revealed her toddler had been ‘trying to make a necklace’

A SHAKEN mum has shared terrifying photos of her young son’s neck after the cord of a window blind nearly strangled him to death.

Arika Hernandez, 27, from Utah in the US, told how three-year-old Kai was playing on the top bunk of his bed when he wrapped the cord around his neck as a game.

Screen Shot 2019-06-14 at 1.35.53 pm.jpg

Arika Hernandez told how her little boy is lucky to be alive after nearly strangling himself on a window blind cord.

The lucky toddler later told his mum he had been “trying to make a necklace”, Kidspot reported.

Once the cord was around his neck, the young lad began climbing down the ladder of his bed, causing the cord to tighten.

“He panicked and tried to yell for Mum and Dad, but nothing came out,” Arika wrote in her warning to other mums on Facebook earlier this month.

“He scratched at the cords to loosen them but all he could grab was skin.”

Screen Shot 2019-06-14 at 1.36.45 pm.jpg

Kai had been trying to make a necklace out of the cord

Screen Shot 2019-06-14 at 1.38.05 pm.jpg

Luckily the cord snapped when he jumped off the bunk bed

Incredibly the little boy leapt from the ladder as an act of desperation and the blind cord broke, saving his life.

“Our sweet three-year-old boy is a survivor,” Arika said.

“We heard a loud thump — his jump — and then his loud scream. This was not just any scream, [but] one I have never heard in my life.

“It will be forever ringing in my ears.”

The mum raced her little boy to hospital where doctors were shocked he had been so lucky.

“These blind cords are not meant to break,” she explained.

Screen Shot 2019-06-14 at 1.38.50 pm.jpg

The mum raced her little boy to hospital where doctors were shocked he had been so lucky

Screen Shot 2019-06-14 at 1.39.49 pm.jpg

The lucky toddler later told his mum he had been ‘trying to make a necklace’

Screen Shot 2019-06-14 at 1.41.01 pm.png

Arika Hernandez shared a warning to other parents on Facebook

“We are counting our blessings! God has big plans for our little boy. It was not his time to go.”

Tragically, another parent revealed her little boy had not been so fortunate.

“Our three year old son Daniel died nine years ago on Jan 21, 2010 when he (was) strangled on the corded window blinds in his bedroom during what was supposed to be his nap time,” mum Andrea Sutton shared.

“They were tied up but kids are curious and it only takes that one time…”

Both mums explained that they hoped other parents would heed their warnings and remove all corded blinds from their homes.

Screen Shot 2019-06-14 at 1.41.46 pm.jpg

Arika with her sons Kai and Eli

The ACCC in Australia has frequently warned parents about the dangers of corded blinds…

They offer these tips when buying blinds:

  • Choose blinds and curtains with safe design features and warning labels.
  • Ensure the blind provides a way to secure cords so there are no loops or strands that children can reach.
  • Consider blinds that operate without exposed cords.

Safety tips if you already have blinds with cords that you can’t remove:

  • Buy tie-downs and tension devices from hardware or window furnishing stores.
  • Do not put children’s cots, beds, highchairs or playpens near a window where children can reach the blind or curtain cords.
  • Do not place sofas, chairs, tables, shelves or bookcases near windows with corded blinds or curtains.
  • Check all window furnishings and place all cords out of children’s reach.

“NO CORDED BLINDS ARE SAFE!” wrote Arika. “They now sell cordless blinds and they are worth every penny.

“Even if you cut the cords once the blinds are lifted up it creates a hazard. The cords cannot be cut short to make them safer… there are still inner cords and if the cord is pulled so the blinds go all the way up, that pull-cord will then be long enough to make a loop and strangle a child.”

Arika also urged parents to love and appreciate every second with their little ones.

“Hug the people that mean the most to you,” she wrote.

Screen Shot 2019-06-14 at 1.42.44 pm.jpg

Arika also urged parents to love and appreciate every second with their little ones


Don’t delay. Purchase Cordaway devices for your home now. Make sure your children, grand-children or visiting children are genuinely safe.

kidsafe-color-btext-400Recommended by Kid-Safe Australia, Cordaway costs a mere $9.60 per single unit plus postage Discounts for multiple units above 5 units. Use the ‘Shop Now’ button on the Cordaway Facebook page or visit our website and purchase here.

Be safe. Be sure.

Always fit Cordaway Blind Cord Safety evices wherever there are corded blinds adn young children. Don’t delay.


To be Kid-Safe, it’s really simple. Fit a Cordaway Blind Cord Safety Device and ensure real safety for your family.